Re: [exim] Re: copy/unseen - where to plug the code?

Author: Peter Bowyer
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: copy/unseen - where to plug the code?
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 03:48:01 +0200, Alon <js@???> wrote:
> There are two options:
>
> 1. Folks, you don't know the answer to my question.
> 2. You are all waiting for me to ask: "Hey.. anyone here wants money to come
> and do the work"?

3. We didn't like the way you asked, and we're letting you know that.
There are many different ways to ask a question, and several people
have already explained how yours wasn't the best.

> I have had 5 responses here none of them are code related (Tom Kistner
> excluded).
>
> Is there a concensous here not to share knowledge?
> Are you (most,. not all) affraid somebody will think less of you if you
> offer assistance here?

No, we give a great deal of information and assistance for free here,
which if you hung around for a while you'd find out. Instead, you make
a selfishly-worded first posting, and then when that produces no
immediate answer (a fact in itself which might make you think you
could have asked differently), you simply re-forward your message to
the list with an impatient "Anyone?" at the top.

There are good ways and bad ways to get free help. You chose a bad
way, and you might learn from the responses.

> I'm roamed around various newsgroups and mailman lists in the past 10 years
> to see a huge response in
> every possible listings.
> I'm sorry to say this has been a very tasteless experience in here.

I'm sorry, too. But since the huge majority of questions here get
swift and helpful answers, you might consider that your experience has
more to do with your approach than to ours.

> Please don't respond unless you address the question that is in the subject
> line.

Oops.

Peter