RE: [exim] Re: copy/unseen - where to plug the code?

Author: Rick Cooper
To: Alon, exim-users
CC:
Subject: RE: [exim] Re: copy/unseen - where to plug the code?

[...]

I will offer some help, but also an explanation. This groups is VERY helpful
and VERY sharing in almost every instance for the years I have been here.
But your original message basically stated "I don't know anything about what
I am trying to do and I have a LOT of people depending on me doing it
right...". The responsible answers are really the ones that you got
initially. Not only do the 1000s of users rely on you doing it right, so
does the rest of the world with whom your system communicates. There are a
lot of "Simple" things you can do to a mail server that can cause havoc with
your users and those they communicate with.

I believe had you not represented your self as lacking in technical skills
and responsible for thousands of users you would have gotten a much
different response. Most of these people are professional and do actually
care about the profession they are engaged in.

That said: Here is a modified router I use to grab any mail that my kids
send out from our home mail system. the changes are slight (I actually have
a list of senders, the kids, instead of a whole sender domain) So it should
work as is. The changes in the To: header are to provide a way to filter or
sort the mail that has been redirected. For instance if you set the line