Re: [exim] Yahoo! Groups and Spamcop?

Author: Stephanie
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Yahoo! Groups and Spamcop?
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:21:35 -0800 (PST), Scott Call
<scall@???> wrote:

> Aside from disabling SpamCop DNSBL entirely, has anyone come up with a
> config that exempts yahoo's mail servers from the BL check? I think a
> static list would be problematic, as yahoo migrates their mail server IPs
> as SpamCop lists them.

I don't use SpamCop but I do use Spamhaus' SBL and occasionally
Yahoogroups will get listed there too. So I put their host name in my
hosts whitelist file which exempts them from the DNS check:

  deny    message = Mail from $sender_host_address currently not  \
                        accepted here as it is listed in the Spamhaus SBL/XBL \
                        ( $dnslist_text ).  If this listing is in
error, please contact \
                        (my postmaster address) to request a whitelisting. \
                        Please visit (my website) for more details.
          hosts = !+relay_hosts
          hosts = !+whitelist_hosts
          hosts = !+whitelist_hostips
         !authenticated = *
          dnslists = sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

My whitelist entry for Yahoogroups contains this:

*.bulk.scd.yahoo.com

This should work even if Yahoogroups changes or adds IPs, they'd still
use the same hostname pattern.

--
hth,
Stephanie