Re: [exim] Yahoo! Groups and Spamcop?

Author: Marc Haber
To: Exim-users
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] Yahoo! Groups and Spamcop?
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:21:35 -0800 (PST), Scott Call
<scall@???> wrote:
>Please forgive the not-entirely-exim related posting, but I'm having
>trouble with my customers getting unsubscribed from yahoo! groups because
>of SpamCop's determination to to keep blocking the yahoo groups MX
>servers. This is generating serious customer noise, as you might imagine.
>
>Aside from disabling SpamCop DNSBL entirely, has anyone come up with a
>config that exempts yahoo's mail servers from the BL check? I think a
>static list would be problematic, as yahoo migrates their mail server IPs
>as SpamCop lists them.

Why are you using the SpamCop DNSBL for blocking? This list is
notorious for generating an outrageous amount of false positives, and
even SpamCop themselves (which are IMO a bunch of bloody <censored>)
recommend against using their list for mail rejection.

Greetings
Marc