Re: [Exim] checking quota before accepting the message

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] checking quota before accepting the message
On 8/13/2004 1:54, "Nathan Ollerenshaw" <nathan@???> wrote:

> I'll keep thinking about it. Maybe some external program is the way, as
> you say, but I'm not convinced yet. I need the ideas to percolate
> through my brain.

We have several little daemons running which support Exim.

One example does reverse lookups in the way we want them done to support
user options to block mail from non-reversing IP addresses. (Philip's
checking is valid, but too draconian for that purpose for our users, and at
the time we did the daemon, some DNS lookup failures produced unpleasant
effects when done in ACLs.)

Another of the daemons does--potentially--several MySQL lookups which would
be really hard to code in ACL language with all the combinations.

The idea seems to work very well.

--John