Re: [Exim] Mail with Attachments get stuck

Author: Kevin Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mail with Attachments get stuck
Philip Hazel said:
> But it seems to be Exim, and Exim sends the response immediately after
> writing that log line. So, what could be wrong?
>
> (1) The response is getting lost. Not too likely repeatedly.
>
> (2) The receiving Exim is doing a lot of processing between receiving
> the "." line and finally accepting the message. It could be running a
> DATA ACL or a local_scan() function. Is this the case? The message is 6M
> long, so if some kind of scanning is going on, that could be the cause.
>
> My money is on (2). You could try increasing the timeouts on the sending
> host.

The receiving host should not be doing anything with the inbound, but I
will check that.

As for changing timeouts, are you talking about the

-os <time>

Setting? The default is 5 minutes and I'm sure it is not taking that long.

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums