Re: [Exim] exim exchange2000 ldap

Author: Bauer, Felix
To: Bruce Richardson, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim exchange2000 ldap
Thanks for your reply. Please note my comments below

{ldap:///?mail?sub?(mail=${quote_ldap:$local_part}@${quote_ldap:$domain}
> > )}}
> > domains = dbm;/etc/exim/db/localdomains.db
> > verify_recipient
> > self = pass
> > pass_router = exchangeroute
> > no_more
> > [snip]
> > (?mail?sub? ??)
>
> I don't think you need to do that at all. For your needs, all you

have
> to do is callout/recipient verification.

Well, if you say so. Probably my problem is, that I don't exactly know
what
I need to setup to get things done like I think. back to the thread

[snip]

> In the example given, he's checking to see if the account exists on

the
> exim box, assuming the address is in the primary domain. Don't get

too
> hung up about it: Exim is a very flexible system and you can define

your
> own order of events.
>
> I could dash off a simple example but I'd like to ask a question

first:

please do so :)

> Q: Do the exchange server and exim box share a domain, so that an
> account somebody@??? might be on one or the other? Or do they
> have entirely separate domains?

A: Yes, they are in the same subnet, both with the same dns-suffix and
no somebody@??? only exists on AD/Exchange. The exim-mailserver
is setup on my companies firewall for initial testing and will move to
a DMZ later, but will never carry users mailboxes only act as relay for
spam/virus checking.

-fe
----
I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere!