Re: [Exim] exim exchange2000 ldap

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim exchange2000 ldap
On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 04:24:57PM +0200, Bauer, Felix wrote:
> whole LDAP-stuff. Where
> can I get the informations I should replace the following:
>
> [snip]
> exchangemaillookup:
> driver = redirect
> data = ${lookup ldap
> {ldap:///?mail?sub?(mail=${quote_ldap:$local_part}@${quote_ldap:$domain}
> )}}
> domains = dbm;/etc/exim/db/localdomains.db
> verify_recipient
> self = pass
> pass_router = exchangeroute
> no_more
> [snip]
> (?mail?sub? ??)

I don't think you need to do that at all. For your needs, all you have
to do is callout/recipient verification.

> I don't keep my localdomains in a dbm-file but use +local_domains which
> should be ok, I guess.
> Another thing I don't understand is, why are those exchange-routers
> after dnslookup,system_aliases
> and localuser.

In the example given, he's checking to see if the account exists on the
exim box, assuming the address is in the primary domain. Don't get too
hung up about it: Exim is a very flexible system and you can define your
own order of events.

I could dash off a simple example but I'd like to ask a question first:

Q: Do the exchange server and exim box share a domain, so that an
account somebody@??? might be on one or the other? Or do they
have entirely separate domains?

--
Bruce