Re: [Exim] OT: Need some feed back on Exchange as an SMTP se…

Author: Nigel Wade
To: Dickenson, Steven
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] OT: Need some feed back on Exchange as an SMTP server
Dickenson, Steven wrote:
> Christopher Baker wrote:

>>Outlook Web Access works only from Internet Explorer. I natually
>>assume that this was done on purpose. You can't check your Outlook in
>>any other web browser.
>

> I access OWA from Mozilla Firebird nightly.

Here, the University's mail server is Exchange 2003. The OWA interface does
not allow any non-IE browser to access the "premium" features as these are
(presumably) designed to require the MS proprietry features of IE.

For example, this means that we can't set up University email accounts to be
redirected to our Group's mail server, so mail sent to those addresses tends
to sit in the Exchange server (training senior academics to handle a single
email account is difficult enough, explaining they need to access two is a
non-starter).

The premium features do require you to pay your Windows tax. ;-)

E-mail :    nmw@???
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555