Re: [Exim] OT: Need some feed back on Exchange as an SMTP se…

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] OT: Need some feed back on Exchange as an SMTP server
Thomas Fini Hansen wrote:

> convince our users to use. The problem is they're stubborn little
> bastards and some of them are not gonna take anything but something that
> looks, smells and behaves like Outlook.

That is my point, Outlook and Outlook Express have nothing to do with the
SMTP mail transfer of Exchange, nor do they have anything to do with the
SMTP mail transfer of Exim, Sendmail, or any other MTA!

Exchange can be used should you choose, as an SMTP server, in that respect,
Exchange does not have the issues that it once did.

You may not see the point in using Exchange just for SMTP and I would
agree, but that does not mean that others do not. This back to one thing
I said originally, I would never suggest a *nix solution to an admin who
knows nothing about *nix, and the same with MS solutions, I would never
suggest an MS solution to an admin who knows nothing about MS.

Like it or not, MUA problems are seperate issues from the MTA in Windows or
*nix.

As to Exchange clients, won't run on Windows, but go look at Ximian
Evolution.

--

--EAL--