Re: [Exim] OT: Need some feed back on Exchange as an SMTP se…

Author: Thomas Fini Hansen
To: Edgar Lovecraft
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] OT: Need some feed back on Exchange as an SMTP server
On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 12:31:48PM -0600, Edgar Lovecraft wrote:
> Here again, Exchange is not the MUA, but the web-scripts are.

I hear ya point, but I think you're overlooking something here. People
don't buy Exchange for its superior SMTP capabilities, people buy
Exchange because of Outlook.

Imagine the stares the original poster would get, if his reply to the
Exchange inquiries was 'Exchange? Sure, great choice there, but, uhm,
you can't use OWA or Outlook...'

It's sort of turning the whole problem on the head, if you pull out
the parts of Exchange people on this list have issues with, you also
pull out the things that's making people want Exchange in the first
place.

What alternatives is there to Outlook and OWE (that you can actually
get people to use)? That's basically the problem that needs to be
fixed before people will accept Exchange as more as just an extension
of Outlook.

--
Thomas
beast@???