RE: [Exim] OT: Need some feed back on Exchange as an SMTP se…

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] OT: Need some feed back on Exchange as an SMTP server
Steffen Heil wrote:

> > This is a function of the MUA Exchange is an MTA and therefore does
> > not break that 'Should' as Exchnage is not generating the reply but the
> > MUA is. Please keep the conversation relevant the what Exchange does
> > and not what any MUA (Pine, MS Outlook, etc) does.
>
> > Again, find the offending MUA as this is not an Exchange problem,
> > Exchange is an MTA.
>
> I fully agree, that this is the job of the MUA, not the MTA.
> But please note, that Exchange *IS* an MTA, iff you are using Outlook
> Web Access.                           ^^^^^

I presume you meant to say...
"Exchange *IS* an MUA, iff you are using Outlook Web Access"
wrong, just wrong.

OWA and NOT Exchange is the MUA. The OWA comprises scripts and SSI's that
run a webmail interface to get at the information, just as SquirrelMail is
an MUA and webmail interface.

Here again, Exchange is not the MUA, but the web-scripts are.

> (This has nothing to do with Outlook, you see.)
> And I take OWAs functionality as a major advantage of Exchange - if you
> are using IE. No other Webmail system has such a lot of features and
> such a good interface design.
>
> Anyway, I do not know if the problem described by David is about OWA.
> And I do not have it handy to check it right now.

I am not quite certain which products he referes to, perhaps he can show
us the actual headers from a message that he has a problem with.

--

--EAL--