Re: [Exim] Drivers and Transports

Author: Doug Jolley
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Drivers and Transports
>Driver is the name for the code that is run. eg. for all transports that
>use some form of SMTP to deliver mail, whatever their other options may
>be, they will all be
>    driver = smtp
>or, if you choose to use the cyrus_sasl authenticator, you will have one
>authenticator for each of your supported authentication methods, all with
>    driver = cyrus_sasl

>Each transport, router, authenticator is an incarnation of some driver, and
>all have their own private data structure with their particular options set
>up.

I get it. The driver is the basic code and the options, etc. are the bells
and
whistles that fine tune it. That makes a lot of sense. I think I'm just
going to
forget I ever read that statement in the documentation that says that a
driver
is a collection of a router and a transport. I think that's where I started
getting
confused.

Thanks for the input.

     ... doug