Re: [Exim] exim + amavis problem

Author: exim user
To: Christopher Chaduka, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim + amavis problem

> On Monday 05 April 2004 07:09, exim user wrote:
> > Sorry if this is not a pure exim question. I have amavisd
> > (snapshot-20020300) install on my mandrake box with f-prot and exim.
> >
> > i found that the scanner just scan and report, and take no further

action
> > on the virus file. is there anyway i can set in the amavisd.conf file to
> > make the scanner delete virus attachment once it detected ?
>
> Read the amavisd conf file carefully, especially the comments on how to

set
> various action rules. It's all there.
>
> --
> Christopher Chaduka
> Technical Department
> M-Web Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd
> http://www.mweb.co.zw

I read it over and over, i still can't find the action rules. I've attached
the whole thing below. Could you help me out please? Thanks a lot.

#
# Configuration file for amavisd with exim
#
# Location: /etc
#
# Author: Lars Hecking <lhecking@???>
#
# This file is part of the AMaViS package. For more information see:
#
# http://amavis.org/
#
# Copyright (C) 2001 the people mentioned above
#
#
# This software is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL)
# See: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
#

#
# Part I - Av scanners init section
#
#
# amavisd (snapshot-20020300) was configured for use with:
# FRISK Antivirus for Linux
# NOTE: don't forget to re-run ./configure if you want to use
# another virus scanner!

# NAI AntiVirus (uvscan)
$uvscan = "";

# H+BEDV AntiVir
$antivir = "";

# Sophos Anti Virus (sweep)
$sophos = "";
$sophos_ide_path = "";

# KasperskyLab AntiViral Toolkit Pro (AVP)
$avp = "";
$AVPDIR = dirname($avp);

# KasperskyLab AVPDaemon / AvpDaemonClient
#
# use AvpDaemon and AvpDaemonClient
# Note: AvpDaemon must be started before amavisd!
# AvpDaemon should be started at boot time as AvpDaemon -* /var/amavis
$avpdc = "";

# F-Secure Antivirus
$fsav = "";

# Trend Micro FileScanner
$vscan = "";

# CyberSoft VFind
$vfind = "";

# CAI InoculateIT
$inocucmd = "";

# GeCAD RAV Antivirus 8
$rav = "";

# ESET Software NOD32
$nod32 = "";

# ESET Software NOD32 (Client/Server Version)
$nod32cli = "";

# Command AntiVirus for Linux
$csav = "";

# VirusBuster (Daemon + Client)
$vbengcl = "";

# Symantec CarrierScan via Symantec Command Line Scannner
$cscmdline = "";
$scs_host = ""; # host/IP CarrierScan runs on
$scs_port = ""; # port CarrierScan listens on

# Sophie (Sophos SAVI)
$sophie_sockname = "";

# Trophie (Trend API)
$trophie_sockname = "";

# FRISK F-Prot
$fprot = "/usr/local/bin/f-prot";

# Panda Antivirus for Linux
$panda = "";

# OpenAntiVirus ScannerDaemon
$oav = "";

#
# Part II - Logging
#

# yes - syslog, no - file logging
$DO_SYSLOG = "yes";

# Directory to put log entries (if not using syslog)
$LOGDIR = "/var/amavis";
$LOGFILE = "amavis.log";

# 0: default - startup/exit/failure messages
# 1: args passed from client
# 2: virus scanner output
# 3: server client
# 4: decompose parts
#$log_level = 0;
$log_level = 5;

#
# Part III - Virus stuff
#

# Notify admin/sender/recipient?
$warnadmin = "yes";
$warnsender = "no";
$warnrecip = "no";

# Notify off-site recipients?
$warn_offsite = "no";

# List of local domains
# e.g. @local_domains = qw( dom.ain other.dom.ain );
@local_domains = qw();

# Location to put infected mail - empty for not quarantining
$QUARANTINEDIR = "/var/virusmails";

# Add X-Virus-Scanned line to mail?
$X_HEADER_TAG = "X-Virus-Scanned";
# Leave empty to add no header
$X_HEADER_LINE = "by AMaViS snapshot-20020300";

#
# Part IV - External programs
# (perl modules do not exist for these yet)
#

$arc = "/usr/bin/arc";
$bunzip = "/usr/bin/bunzip2";
$file = "/usr/bin/file";
$lha = "/usr/bin/lha";
$unarj = "/usr/bin/unarj";
$uncompress = "/usr/bin/uncompress";
$unrar = "/usr/bin/unrar";
$zoo = "/usr/bin/zoo";

#
# Part V - MTA specific stuff
#

# Qmail-specific
$QMAILDIR = "/bin";

# postfix-specific
$smtp_port = "NOT_SET";
$localhost_name = "localhost";
$localhost_ip = "127.0.0.1";

# sendmail-specific
# Do we use amavis on a mail relay/gateway type setup?
$enable_relay = "no";

#
$sendmail_cf_orig = "";

# What sendmail wrapper to use
$sendmail_wrapper = "/usr/lib/sendmail";
$sendmail_wrapper_args = "-oMr scanned-ok -i -t";

#
# Part VI - Misc
#

# The next three are resource limitations - exit with EX_TEMPFAIL if
exceeded
# Maximum recursion level for extraction/decoding
$MAXLEVELS = 20;

# Maximum nesting level for compressing archive formats
$MAX_ARCHIVE_NESTING = 3;

# Maximum number of extracted files
$MAXFILES = 500;

# Who reports are sent from