Re: [Exim] relay by IP

Author: Michael Johnson
To: Edgar Lovecraft
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] relay by IP
On Jan 31, 2004, at 12:42 PM, Edgar Lovecraft wrote:

> Yep, here is a very basic accept Auth and Relay and send all it gets to
> a smarthost for further processing.

Wow...I'd like to look through and start to understand some of that.
Actually I'm getting a little bit of it. The syntax is what kills me.
Getting to know Exim from scratch and I really like it a lot. Things
like this would be nice to be able to roll myself.

Now, from looking over this, from what I can tell, it looks like it
won't work with a dynamic IP. My server is a static IP, but the one I
want to put on the remote machine is a 10.x.x.x, going through a cable
modem which gets a dynamic IP.

Could I simply set up this remote machine to send to my exim, using my
username and password to make it an authenticated SMTP delivery? If
so, how would I do this?

-Michael

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your
smile can be the source of your joy.

                    --- Thich Nhat Hanh