Re: [Exim] relay by IP

Author: Blaine Simpson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] relay by IP
Sorry to all if this is a dup post. My mail client was stuck due to
a different problem when I attempted to xmit this the first time.

I can't tell whether you know it or not, but "business connection" or not
doesn't matter, as long as your DNS records, forward and reverse, are set
up right... except that you can not set up reverse addresses for many
non-business IPs. If you have a static IP, just ask the ISP to set up
the reverse to an address in your domain. If you handle your own DNS,
then just do it.

I also can't tell where you want to receive incoming email, the local or
remote site. In any case, you just set the MX record to that host.

Outgoing is as simple as you imagine. Set up the remote Exim server
to use your local server as a smart host as documented in Exim Spec
section 41.1.