[Exim] relay by IP

Author: Michael Johnson
To: Exim-users
Subject: [Exim] relay by IP
Hi gang

I have a machine running Exim 4.30 over a T1. It works wonderfully.
Everything is great with that machine. Now, I have an interesting need
with it, and I'm not exactly sure how to do it, although I'm pretty
sure it's possible.

I have a machine at a remote location running through a cable modem. I
want to put exim on that machine, and since it's not a business
connection, it'll likely be blacklisted by a lot of ISPs. I want to
have everyone in the remote location use the machine there to send
mail, and have that machine go through my machine at my location.
So...

The remote machine will handle all the mail for the location, forward
it directly to my machine here. The machine here will accept the mail
and move it on to the final destination.

Is there an idiots' guide to setting this up? Is it as simple as
adding two lines to my configuration here and commenting out everything
but two lines on the other side?

TIA

-Michael

I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in
which they can learn.

                --Albert Einstein