Re: [Exim] relay by IP

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] relay by IP
> Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 09:07:19 -0500
> From:        Michael Johnson <kaiser@???>
> To:        Exim-users <exim-users@???>
> Subject:    [Exim] relay by IP

> Hi gang
>
> I have a machine running Exim 4.30 over a T1. It works wonderfully.
> Everything is great with that machine. Now, I have an interesting need
> with it, and I'm not exactly sure how to do it, although I'm pretty sure
> it's possible.
>
> I have a machine at a remote location running through a cable modem. I
> want to put exim on that machine, and since it's not a business
> connection, it'll likely be blacklisted by a lot of ISPs. I want to
> have everyone in the remote location use the machine there to send mail,
> and have that machine go through my machine at my location. So...
>
> The remote machine will handle all the mail for the location, forward it
> directly to my machine here. The machine here will accept the mail and
> move it on to the final destination.
>
> Is there an idiots' guide to setting this up? Is it as simple as adding
> two lines to my configuration here and commenting out everything but two
> lines on the other side?

Yep, here is a very basic accept Auth and Relay and send all it gets to
a smarthost for further processing.

#####START OF CONFIG #####
hostlist relay_hosts             = <GOOD_IP's>
hostlist connection_reject       = <BAD_IP's>
begin acl
acl_check_mail:
  deny    message                = \
        HELO/ELHO command MUST be issued.
          condition              = ${if !def:sender_helo_name{1}{0}}
  accept  hosts                  = +relay_hosts :
  accept  authenticated          = *
  deny    message                = \
        A proper RFC822/2822 address must be given.
acl_check_rcpt:
  deny    message                = \
        Restricted characters in email addresses are forbidden.
          local_parts            = ^.*[@%!/|] : ^\\.
  accept  hosts                  = +relay_hosts :
  accept  authenticated          = *
  deny    message                = \
    SMTP relaying is not permitted without proper authentication.
acl_check_data:
  accept  hosts                  = +relay_hosts :
  accept  authenticated          = *
  deny    message                = \
        The message has been rejected as it is undeliverable.
begin routers
ForceToMX:
  driver                         = manualroute
  transport                      = FTMX_smtp
  route_list                     = * <SERVER-TO-RELAY-TO>
  no_more
begin transports
FTMX_smtp:
  driver                         = smtp
#####END OF CONFIG#####

These could even be rolled up into less lines I believe...
--
--EAL--