[Exim] Rbl checking

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Rbl checking
On Saturday 06 December 2003 05:52 pm, Kevin Reed wrote:

> Assuming you have a domain list of your local domains you can use
> hosts with a negated local_domains list to accomplish this...
>
> deny message = $sender_host_address is listed at $dnslist_domain
>      hosts = !+local_domains
>      dnslists = list.dsbl.org : \
>          sbl.spamhaus.org : \
>          bl.spamcop.net : \
>          relays.ordb.org : \
>          korea.services.net : \
>          china.blackholes.us : \
>          russia.blackholes.us

Keven, you've been helpful to me in the recent past, so I'm wondering if
you could help me understand exactly how to implement this.

I'm brand new to Exim 4, and I must admit I got it through my Control
Panel packager. I do own an Exim (tree-killer) book, but it's for
version 3.

I'm also studying the documentation on the Internet, but I hope you can
answer and tell me where to put this.

I've got a section called "begin acl" in my exim.conf file; it contains
two ACLs, check_recipient and check_message.

I call them with these two lines already in my ensim.conf file:

<snip>
acl_smtp_rcpt = check_recipient
acl_smtp_data = check_message
</snip>

Somuchfun wrote in the post you responded to:

<snip>
require verify = sender
</snip>

Where do I put this?

How do I call this new acl? I presume I give it a name, but how do I
indicate it's to be called?

And do you know of any RBL with a test I can use to see if it's working?
I'd like to see that the message I'm returning on a positive match
against an RBL is correct, but I don't know how to do that.

Thanks for any help you can give me; it will be appreciated.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation