Re: [Exim] Problem with callout caching

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problem with callout caching
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

> I have this setup where the I do sender callout, but the options to
> the callout depend on the _recipient_ domain (some users want
> postmaster callout, other don't).

Are you talking about multiple recipients for the same item of mail?
It seems from your examples that you are.

If so, then you might find that a feasible way to deal with users who
have different rejection policies is to deal with them in separate
transactions, i.e if the first RCPT is for a user whose policy is P
(say) then you defer any other RCPTs for users whose policy is
anything different than P. The sender (if properly implementing
RFCs!) will then try later for the recipients which you deferred.

A proportion of spammers will simply give up without trying again,
which is a nice side-effect. ;-)

Disclaimer: I haven't thought this idea through in every detail in
relation to your particular scenario above, but it's pretty much what
we do already in relation to users who have different spam-rejection
policies (see previous newgroup discussions) and it just occurred to
me that it might fit your needs.