Re: [Exim] Rbl checking only for incoming messages

Author: Kevin Reed
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [Exim] Rbl checking
Subject: Re: [Exim] Rbl checking only for incoming messages
Somuchfun said:
> Hello everyone,
> I am using rbl checking on Exim 4 right now but it seems to check

incoming
> and outgoing message which is annoying if you check for dynablocks. Is

there a way to restrict the rbl checking only for incoming smtp traffic?

> This is what I have right now as part of my ACLs:

This ACL needs to change...

> deny message = $sender_host_address is listed \
> at $dnslist_domain
> dnslists = list.dsbl.org : \
> sbl.spamhaus.org : \
> bl.spamcop.net : \
> relays.ordb.org : \
> korea.services.net : \
> china.blackholes.us : \
> russia.blackholes.us

Assuming you have a domain list of your local domains you can use hosts
with a negated local_domains list to accomplish this...

deny message = $sender_host_address is listed at $dnslist_domain
     hosts = !+local_domains
     dnslists = list.dsbl.org : \
         sbl.spamhaus.org : \
         bl.spamcop.net : \