[Exim] Server filling up with blacklisted emails

Author: David Shauger
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Server filling up with blacklisted emails
Hello!

I recently posted to the list regarding an issue with my server not
being able to place email in the courier user Maildir. This problem was
"resolved" by a friend of mine by altering the exim configure file. He
commented out an entry for "never_user = root" and the problem went
away. Since we don't know what this does or what we have done I suspect
that was not the correct solution to the problem.

Since that time I have found that the server is filling up with mail in
the /var/spool/exim/scan directory. Reviewing these messages they are
rejected because they were blacklisted. It is filling my drive up at
the rate of about 1G of data every 2-3 hours. It is able to fill my
entire drive within a number of days.

Thank you in advance for any information and thanks again to all the
wonderful people who spent time answering my questions earlier in the
week.
Sollos Technology Solutions
11877 Douglas Road #102-150
Alpharetta GA 30005