Re: [Exim] improvments to exim

Author: Philip Hazel
To: David Saez
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] improvments to exim
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, David Saez wrote:

> > I assume you realize that this is a suggestion for a(nother) radical
> > re-design. As such, it is unlikely to be implemented at all soon, if
> > ever. Nevertheless, I have added it to the Wish List.
>
> well, i think it's not so radical, but nothing that can be done fast.

It *is* radical. ACLs work in a kind of "interpreted" manner. Routers
use a fixed set of data that is decoded when the configuration is read.
That is why their options cannot be repeated and why the order in which
they are inspected is fixed. This was (back in 1995) done so that it was
fast and efficient. It is true that we have now moved a long way from
that concept in other parts of Exim (filters, ACLs).