Re: [Exim] improvments to exim

Author: Tony Finch
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] improvments to exim
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

>I assume you realize that this is a suggestion for a(nother) radical
>re-design. As such, it is unlikely to be implemented at all soon, if
>ever. Nevertheless, I have added it to the Wish List.

In my more insane moments (caused by reflecting on Exim's Turing-equivalence)
I sometimes think that Exim's configuration should be a Tcl script. With
suitable choice of primitive functions the syntax needn't be too programish.
The result should be quite modular -- the various lookups and drivers would
each be a separate TCL extension, and string expansion would be replaced with
Tcl's own facilities.

Obviously there's about a snowflake's chance in hell of this ever happening.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
HEBRIDES BAILEY: SOUTHWEST VEERING WEST OR NORTHWEST 6 OR 7, OCCASIONALLY GALE