Re: [Exim] improvments to exim

Author: David Saez
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] improvments to exim
Hi !!

> > It will be very useful to be able to use most of the ACL conditions
> > (authenticated, hosts, senders, sender_domains, ... ) in routers and also the
> > possibility to have multiple conditions in routers. It will be great to also
> > be able to set variables in routers like in acl's.
>
> Hmm. Exim 4 merged directors and routers added ACLs. Is this a
> suggestion to merge routers with ACLs? :-)

well, at least to be able to use the same acl (rich) syntax in routers,
i.e !senders = : works on acl's but not in routers, also acl's accepts
more than one 'condition' and routers accept only one, etc ... Using
different rules often leads to confusion, by now i'm trying to figure how
to make a router decline for null envelope sender, my first tough was to
use !senders = : (like I do in acl's), but it does not work.

> I assume you realize that this is a suggestion for a(nother) radical
> re-design. As such, it is unlikely to be implemented at all soon, if
> ever. Nevertheless, I have added it to the Wish List.

well, i think it's not so radical, but nothing that can be done fast.

--
Thanx & best regards ...

SPECIMEN: An Italian astronaut.

   On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
   Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
   08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53