Re: [Exim] improvments to exim

Author: Christian Vogel
To: Tony Finch
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] improvments to exim
Hi Tony,

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 12:05:38PM +0000, Tony Finch wrote:
> In my more insane moments (caused by reflecting on Exim's Turing-equivalence)
> I sometimes think that Exim's configuration should be a Tcl script.

probably it's true for every piece of software. It's quite the norm
that one invents a new, simple way to store
attribute/value pairs -- just because everything else (embedding
perl/python/scheme/tcl/.., or using some library to parse a file)
seems {at that moment} far tooo complicated. I just have to do
FILE *f=fopen(), while(fgets())... strncmp... and I'm set.

When you realize that this parser grew and became *nearly* a
programming language, it's way too late to change the design :-).

        Chris

--
Christian Vogel -- chris@???