Re: [Exim] improvments to exim

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Avleen Vig
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: [Exim] Improved Scripting Language
Subject: Re: [Exim] improvments to exim
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Avleen Vig wrote:

> You know what I'd like to see on conditions? Looping.
>
> condition = for i in {1 2 3 4 5} { match {$int_spam_score}{$i} {yes}{no} }

If Exim configurations are going to get that complicated, I think Tony
Finch's suggestion of using an existing language (Tcl) is probably a
better idea than trying to bolt more and more complexity onto what was
originally conceived as something very simple.

I have never used Tcl. Back in the 1970's I once tried to design
something similar, though nothing ever came of it.