Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Giuliano Gavazzi
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Nico Erfurth
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?
At 13:51 +0100 2003/03/24, Nico Erfurth wrote:
>Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>
>>I do not understand. Do you mean that it no longer accepts authentication
>>requests unless auth_advertise_hosts is set (and the client is in the
>>list)? Or do you mean that if it is set it will not accept authentication
>>request from clients not in the list?
>>I run 4.12, have no auth_advertise_hosts at all and exim accept
>>authentication requests, so I think the second statement is right.
>
>From exim 4.11 Changelog
>
>46. An Exim server now accepts AUTH or STARTTLS commands only if their
>     availability has been advertised in response to EHLO.

>in exim 4.14 this was refined with server_avertise_condition to only
>advertise a authenticator if the condition evalutes to true.

very nice. My puzzlement was justified though, as Phil sentence was

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > > what's this? I haven't got it in my conf.
> >
> > Sets which hosts Exim advertises SMTP AUTH to in the EHLO response. Exim
> > will accept authentication requests without it, however,
>
> No longer. Changed at release 4.11.

Tim really just meant to say that auth_advertise_hosts is not
required and exim will accept auth req. without it
[auth_advertise_hosts].

Well, this is my daily dose of sentence disemboweling. [is it?]

Giuliano