Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Dean Brooks
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?
On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 02:05:50PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Dean Brooks wrote:
>
> > How can I configure Exim to always *allow* authentication, but to only
> > advertise it in certain situations?
>
> You can't. It is against the RFC, which is why I tightened this up.
>
> > If there isn't a way to do this, can a way be implemented?
>
> Why do you need it?

I assumed that some mail clients will always attempt authentication
if a username/password combination is entered into them, regardless
of whether or not auth was advertised.

If the mail clients always check the advertised condition before
sending, we should be ok.

Seems like I remember some mail clients not conforming to this very
well, but perhaps that was a long time ago.

Thanks...

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???