Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Dean Brooks
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Nico Erfurth
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?
On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 01:51:02PM +0100, Nico Erfurth wrote:

> From exim 4.11 Changelog
>
> 46. An Exim server now accepts AUTH or STARTTLS commands only if their
>     availability has been advertised in response to EHLO.

> in exim 4.14 this was refined with server_avertise_condition to only
> advertise a authenticator if the condition evalutes to true.

Hmmm. Aren't there some mail clients that assume an advertised AUTH
indicates that authentication is *required*?

If so, how would I solve this problem:

We dont advertise AUTH on our internal networks because its not needed
or wanted, so "auth_advertise_hosts = ! +localhosts". Now, we have
local users who leave SMTP auth turned on even when their computers
are on our local network (i.e. VPN, laptop). This is so that when
they travel, they'll still be able to send mail, and they dont have
to fiddle with reconfiguring their software all the time.

Under this new scheme introduced in 4.11, these hosts would appear
to break when located within our network since auth would no longer
be advertised...

How can I configure Exim to always *allow* authentication, but to only
advertise it in certain situations?

If there isn't a way to do this, can a way be implemented?

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???