Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Lukas
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?
Hi everybody!

I must apologize... I made some more tests... and discovered something that made us become crazy.
Due to the fact that my clients are using Outlook 4.5, Outlook 5 and Apple Mail (all macintosh versions), I have been making my test using the very Outlook 4.5 and 5 (to be precise 5.02) for Mac. This morning I decided to make some tests from the office where I work half a day. Without changing noting to Exim conf, MAGICALLY everithing worked fine! I cannot understand why, in that situation it was possible to send also outside my server. Just to eliminate doubts I tried also with Eudora 5.2 for Mac and Outlook 5 for Windows and they worked fine.
So I went back to my server location and tried again. Nothing.
After an hour of looking at my monitor eyes with a dull face I discovered why. Outlook version I used in the other office was 5.06 for Mac. As soon as I installed 5.06 on my server, everything went well. I do not have a pc here but I guess it would work fine.

Probably a Microsoft issue with LOGIN SMTP AUTH (Outlook seems not to support CRAM) in those old versions. So I apologige for the time I made you spend on a stupid (and not exixtent) problem on SMTP AUTH. I also want to thanx all users who gave me an (also two or three) hand to solve my problem. It was not my intention to be annoying or un-professional... thanx a lot for your great patience!!!

Tim... a particular thank you is for you. (by the way... yes, I cleaned my queue immediately after realizing the spam problem). I have only one request for you: my server is mail.spirit.it (151.38.133.230). I think the problem is solved. Probably you can give it a look or try to spam it in order to see if it is really OK.
Let me know.

Lukas