Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Giuliano Gavazzi
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Kopio: Tim Jackson
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > > what's this? I haven't got it in my conf.
> >
> > Sets which hosts Exim advertises SMTP AUTH to in the EHLO response. Exim
> > will accept authentication requests without it, however,
>
> No longer. Changed at release 4.11.

I do not understand. Do you mean that it no longer accepts authentication
requests unless auth_advertise_hosts is set (and the client is in the
list)? Or do you mean that if it is set it will not accept authentication
request from clients not in the list?
I run 4.12, have no auth_advertise_hosts at all and exim accept
authentication requests, so I think the second statement is right.

Giuliano