Re: [Exim] Exim version 4.14

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Tony Earnshaw
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim version 4.14
Tony Earnshaw wrote:

> 4.14 is definitely a /major/ release. In as much as it puts the
> "competition" that much further behind it (a bit like Ferrari, I'm an
> Alfa Romeo person).

I like the new acl_*-variables, but maybe it would be better to keep
them while routing the mail (at least the acl_m-variables). This would
save us from adding headers to hand informations from the ACL to the
routers.

> This morning, there was a sad Sendmail admin on the SA list, who
> wondered if he could stop spammers' dictionary attacks with his MTA and
> procmail. Another Sendmail admin told him he'd have a hard time. I let
> them see Giuliano's Exim one-liner, hihi.

Hehe, currently exim is unbeatable when it comes to flexibility, I hope
it will be so for a while :)

The question is, WHAT comes next? When I started to use exim3, I thought
WOW!! can this be even better? But Philip proved that it's possible,
with exim4 :)

So, again a BIG thanks to Philip (and all the contributors and
local_scan-writers) for making exim what it is, the best and most
flexible MTA I've ever seen.

Nico