Re: [Exim] Exim version 4.14

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Nico Erfurth
CC: Tony Earnshaw, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim version 4.14
On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Nico Erfurth wrote:

> I like the new acl_*-variables, but maybe it would be better to keep
> them while routing the mail (at least the acl_m-variables). This would
> save us from adding headers to hand informations from the ACL to the
> routers.

I *knew* somebody would ask for that when I implemented what I was asked
for, namely ACL-time variables. That is why I named them $acl_xxx. One
reason for not handing them on is that this would mean more data has to
be kept in the -H file, but I suppose that is a small point really.

> The question is, WHAT comes next? When I started to use exim3, I thought
> WOW!! can this be even better? But Philip proved that it's possible,
> with exim4 :)

Every program reaches its natural peak at some point, and some new
program then comes along to replace it. I have no illusions about that,
having been writing programs for quite a long time now...