Re: [Exim] Exim version 4.14

Author: Rick Ennis
To: Nico Erfurth
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim version 4.14
Nico,

Now I'm a little confused. I read your comment on the acl variables and
then Philip's response...

> I like the new acl_*-variables, but maybe it would be better to keep
> them while routing the mail (at least the acl_m-variables). This would
> save us from adding headers to hand informations from the ACL to the
> routers.

So that means they don't persist between the acls and the routers? But what
about $address_data? Looking at entry 38 under the 4.11 ChangeLog...

> 38. After verify=recipient in an ACL, the value of $address_data is the

last
>       value that was set while routing the address.

Does that not mean back in the acl? Long story short, I'm actually trying
to get the address (post routing, so an actual user name) accessible in
local_scan. I understand that a single message being checked by local_scan
may have multiple recipients but I'd be content to get at least one of them.
And I can't just use the recipients_list variable from the API b/c those are
the addresses before being routed. So I made two stabs at this...

1) I tried setting
address_data = $local_part
in my router that's doing the verify. But I didn't have much luck with
expand_string("$address_data") in local_scan.

2) I tried the same thing as #1 above, but added
warn set acl_m1 = $address_data
in an acl immediately after my verify = recipient.
I then used expand_string("$acl_m1") in local_scan and still didn't get what
I wanted.

Is there a standard solution to this one? There must be a way to get at the
routed address from within local_scan b/c the verifying stage has to have
already completed. Am I just being dense?