Re: [Exim] Exim version 4.14

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim version 4.14
ons, 2003-03-12 kl. 11:13 skrev Philip Hazel:

> I have put Exim 4.14 on the primary ftp site:

> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/exim4/exim-4.14.tar.bz2

Bang.

For anyone who cares, it compiles beautifully with Marc's SA-Exim 2.2
and David Woodhouse's/dman's dlopen patch (*I* care, namely).

Copied my SA-Exim patched 4.12/Local/* to 4.14, ran the dlopen patch,
compiled.

I shut down my 4.12 service and ran 4.14 out of the compile directory as
'exim -d -bd -q15m' and let a few mails in. 'tail -f' on mainlog, and me
in the xterm daemon debug screen, watching things go by. I can scroll
back 2048 lines when I wish, and when things had quietened down did so.

*WOW*. I didn't get the chance to read the blurb yet, but I'm obviously
going to have to. Philip, I'll buy your book twice, once it's out - you
deserve it, or the difference in Belgian Palm beer the next time you're
in Utrecht.

4.14 is definitely a /major/ release. In as much as it puts the
"competition" that much further behind it (a bit like Ferrari, I'm an
Alfa Romeo person).

This morning, there was a sad Sendmail admin on the SA list, who
wondered if he could stop spammers' dictionary attacks with his MTA and
procmail. Another Sendmail admin told him he'd have a hard time. I let
them see Giuliano's Exim one-liner, hihi.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Exim's ... ecstasy. Gratters
all.

Best,

Tony

--