Re: [Exim] Clarification on Exim functions

Autor: Marcelo Moreira
A: Dan Egli, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Clarification on Exim functions
It would be nice to get a summary of the results of the MTA wars posted
here.

I have been using Qmail and I have just subscribed to this list 2 days ago.
My idea is to completely replace qmail and go for Exim. This for sure will
help me a lot (and I believe others as well). I am new to Exim and I am
still reading the manuals and FAQs.

For example, qmail is still on version 1.03, released June 15th 1998, over 4
years ago !!!!
That's what I found on the changelog on the tarball sources file from
qmail.org. Is this really true ?!?!?! It might not be a issue for many, and
in fact for a few it might even be a reason for pride, but I think a piece
of software 4 years old is for sure a "little" outdated (again, some might
say that it is because qmail is so good and safe that it does not need
upgrades... well, not me).

Thanks,
Marcelo.