Re: [Exim] Clarification on Exim functions

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Marcelo Moreira
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Clarification on Exim functions
Marcelo Moreira wrote:
> It would be nice to get a summary of the results of the MTA wars posted
> here.
>
> I have been using Qmail and I have just subscribed to this list 2 days ago.
> My idea is to completely replace qmail and go for Exim. This for sure will
> help me a lot (and I believe others as well). I am new to Exim and I am
> still reading the manuals and FAQs.

Read the ML-Archives, i posted a exim configuration that emulates whole
qmail functionality, and a script to make exim work with ezmlm.

> For example, qmail is still on version 1.03, released June 15th 1998, over 4
> years ago !!!!
> That's what I found on the changelog on the tarball sources file from
> qmail.org. Is this really true ?!?!?! It might not be a issue for many, and

Yes, it's true.

> in fact for a few it might even be a reason for pride, but I think a piece
> of software 4 years old is for sure a "little" outdated (again, some might
> say that it is because qmail is so good and safe that it does not need
> upgrades... well, not me).

Maybe it's safe, but DJB does not accept error-reports, that are not
from himself ;) If you know what i mean. Qmail is bugfree, but only from
the view of the author.

ciao