Re: [Exim] Clarification on Exim functions

Autor: Glen Mehn
A: Dan Egli
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Clarification on Exim functions
Dan Egli wrote:

> Ok. The local LUG (Linux User's Group) is having a "MTA Wars" meeting
> this
> week (tomorrow actually!) and I wanted to be sure I was prepared since
> I will
> be representing Exim at this meeting. The other MTAs that are listed
> to be
> presented are QMail and PostFix.
>
> So some questions that have been asked so far (and I want to get the
> list's
> overall opinion on the answers to each) are:
>
> How well does <MTA> handle alternate Mail box formats?

All with ease

> What kind of spam prevention measures are available for <MTA>?

builtin regex pattern matching, full blacklist support (probably more).
See the exim filter format for more info, and search google for 'exim'
'block spam' (or variants)

> How do you increase or decrease verbosity of logging during normal
> operation?
> How easy is it to configure <MTA> to strip out specified attachment types
> (I.e. exe files, doc files, etc..)

Long detailed description of this on exim.org, in the FAQ

> What kind of Virus prevention measures are available for <MTA>?

easy to integrate (and author supported!) with just about any scanner
(in the book, in the FAQ)

see the exim philosophy of delivery @ exim.org...

> How easy is it to setup a virtual domain? and How?

Pretty simple.
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.30/doc/html/spec_43.html#SEC807

> Can <MTA> handle <FORMAT> Mail Box format. How do you set that up?

mbox, maildir, and mbx. rtfm (it's pretty straightforward when you go to
build the thing...)

For further/more detailed answers to these questions and more, try
http://exim.org/ and google...

-g