Re: Re[2]: [Exim] Relay file works if less than 33 entries.

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Nigel Metheringham, Richard Welty
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: Re[2]: [Exim] Relay file works if less than 33 entries.
+++ Nigel Metheringham <Wednesday 24 April 2002 16:52>:
> On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 23:08, Richard Welty wrote:
> > back when i was a technical manager hiring kids out of college, (which
> > was only a year ago), i was quite disturbed that some of the schools were
> > still teaching classful networking concepts that have been obsolete for
> > rather a while now.
>
> Solaris Certified Network Administrator (Solaris 8) examination is
> heavily based on classful network addressing. Which says it all about
> the value of that particular exam - then again Sun haven't quite worked
> out this CIDR stuff yet at all.

When I was reading for a CCNA (heck, yet another paper, sort of) the
instructor started out with a lot of stuff about classful addressing ...

Anyway a brief overview of that stuff doesn't hurt, if at least to make sense
of what everybody else who has not quite caught on to the fact that classful
addressing is deprecated is saying :)

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <---->  mallet <at> efn dot org
[Linux One Stanza Tip]    From : <lvgandhi@???>