Re[2]: [Exim] Relay file works if less than 33 entries.

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Dave C.
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Richard Welty
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re[2]: [Exim] Relay file works if less than 33 entries.
On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Richard Welty wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:59:31 +0100 Matthew Byng-Maddick <exim@???> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 11:46:14PM +0200, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:
> > > then again, isn't this like starting from adam's and eve's ? there
> > > just has to be a barrier somewhere, and i'd expect anyone
> > > administering mail at any leve to have such basic network knowledge...
>
> > After following this list for 8 months, I've relaxed the expectation that
> > anyone administering mail knows either:
> > a) what an envelope is
> > b) what headers are
> > or
> > c) how the Internet works
>
> > You might call me cynical, I'd prefer to call it realistic. :-(
>
> back when i was a technical manager hiring kids out of college, (which was
> only a year ago), i was quite disturbed that some of the schools were still
> teaching classful networking concepts that have been obsolete for rather a
> while now.

It makes one wonder how much other information being taught is obsolete.

I generally put no stock in degrees when making a hire decision. An
administrators ability to think for themselves is far more desirable
than a piece of paper with fancy scrollwork and a seal..