Re: [Exim] b0rken spamfilters :( Fwd: Re: [rejected as Spam …

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Mark A. Hershberger
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] b0rken spamfilters :( Fwd: Re: [rejected as Spam - SPAM-SCHEMES rule 167]
Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???> writes:

> I'm actually considering front ending the entire list with a spam
> assassin filter - particularly since I am getting a lot of attempted
> spam posts through the lists now.    I just need to get the stuff built
> and work out the scoring - we do get a number of legit posts from
> people who are in several RBLs.

I'm running spamassassin (2.01) and filtering multiple lists. I've
had one false-positive from a list post:

    - It was HTML-only mail
    - It was posted through an RBLed server
    - I had the hyperlinked phrase "click here", which
      spamassassin checks for.

Certainly spamassassin isn't perfect. But it is better than just
using RBLs (which we use on the corporate site I admin -- they
are a headache, especially with so many people setting up MS
Exchange as their SMTP relay and, because they don't understand
open relays, getting RBLed) or Vipul's Razor (which is good
enough for a small percentage of spam, but doesn't work if the
spam has been personalized for you -- as much of it is now).
spamassassin uses multiple RBLs and Vipul's Razor. It can also
report spam to Vipul's Razor, if requested.

I've found spamassassin to have a high hit rate with very few
false positives.

But, I wouldn't use it to generate auto-replies, just as I
wouldn't use a virus-scanner to generate auto-replies (some mail
admin at said corporate site did that and had the company that
sent the virus upset because they misinterpreted the auto-reply
as a virus).

Mark.

--
Find inner peace and ten thousand around you shall be saved.
             -- St. Seraphim of Sarov