Re: [Exim] b0rken spamfilters :( Fwd: Re: [rejected as Spam …

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Nigel Metheringham
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] b0rken spamfilters :( Fwd: Re: [rejected as Spam - SPAM-SCHEMES rule 167]
On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 13:29, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

> Is exim-users already a closed mailing list ("only registered
> subscribers may post")?
>
> I run the last version of Spamassassin/rules, but it still makes
> horrible mistakes, which one by one I have to correct.

There was one version where the GA really got the rule weighting wrong.
The older set I'm running is generally good, the 1.22 set appears good
on a quick glance.

> The Netfilter mailing list was inundated by spam until a week or so ago:
> The admin says of himself that he has an almost religious objection to
> content scanning and turned the list into a closed list (apart from the
> list being hosted by another, remote organisation, which made a content
> scanner more or less impossible). Since then, there is literally no spam
> any more.

The reasons for front ending a scanner are:-

1. To bounce very high scoring spam at SMTP time

2. To moderate lower scoring potential spam

  3. To handle the next stage in the arms race that there is some
     degree of evidence for being already in progress - namely
     spam robots that subscribe themselves to lists.

There is a *heap* of stuff hitting the moderation interface already
across the server - I want to bounce the majority of this
automatically. Theres even more crud hitting the -admin addresses and
things like postmaster.

    Nigel.