Re: [Exim] b0rken spamfilters :( Fwd: Re: [rejected as Spam …

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Tony Earnshaw, Nigel Metheringham
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] b0rken spamfilters :( Fwd: Re: [rejected as Spam - SPAM-SCHEMES rule 167]
+++ Tony Earnshaw <Tuesday 23 April 2002 20:29>:
> tir, 2002-04-23 kl. 10:24 skrev Nigel Metheringham:
> > I'm actually considering front ending the entire list with a spam
> > assassin filter - particularly since I am getting a lot of attempted
>
> Is exim-users already a closed mailing list ("only registered
> subscribers may post")?

Yup, sure is, afaict.

> I run the last version of Spamassassin/rules, but it still makes
> horrible mistakes, which one by one I have to correct.

The default config of spamassasin seems to make some rather weird and
wonderful assumptions about what spam constitutes. That, and it is quite
talented at getting fooled by stuff like bogus HELO / EHLO strings etc.

That, like any other content filter, is prone to lots of errors.

Something like the DCC or Vipul's Razor - which check for bulkiness rather
than actual content, might be a better idea. Especially something which does
not try to automate the "complain about spam" process.

    -srs (who could cheerfully strangle whoever wrote "spamkiller")

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <---->  mallet <at> efn dot org
[Linux One Stanza Tip]    From : <bish@???>