Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Cliff Savage
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware?

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:59:30 PST, "Cliff Savage" wrote:

> I don't see SNMP mentioned in The Book and a find on the Exim spec.
> doesn't find anything SNMP related, so I'm guessing it's not. Any plans
> afoot to include this functionality?

If you mean "can Exim perform SNMP lookups" then the answer at the
moment is no. If you mean "can Exim answer questions regarding its
current status via SNMP" then the answer is also no.

A lot of people really dislike SNMP. Folks who've had to write robust
applications that rely on SNMP tend to dislike it even more. I, for
one, wouldn't want Exim going anywhere _near_ an SNMP MIB. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.