Re: [Exim] Re: Is Exin SNMP Aware?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Richard Welty
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Is Exin SNMP Aware?
On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:29:23 +0530, Suresh wrote:

>+++ Cliff Savage [exim-users] <22/08/01 16:59 -0800>:
>> I don't see SNMP mentioned in The Book and a find on the Exim spec.
>> doesn't find anything SNMP related, so I'm guessing it's not. Any plans
>> afoot to include this functionality?
>
> Why should an MTA do this?

enough people wanted it that there's actually a defined MIB out there
for SMTP MTAs.

i looked into it briefly back when i was running SMTP based monitoring
environments, but never put much effort into it. you tend to want it
if you're already deeply invested in SNMP based monitoring software
like OpenView or Spectrum.

richard