Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware?
On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:51:23 +0100 (BST), Philip Hazel
<ph10@???> wrote:
>On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Cliff Savage wrote:
>> I don't see SNMP mentioned in The Book and a find on the Exim spec.
>> doesn't find anything SNMP related, so I'm guessing it's not. Any plans
>> afoot to include this functionality?
>
>I don't know anything about SNMP. It's something to do with network
>management, isn't it? How does that relate to Exim?

SNMP can be used to query network infrastructure for statistical data.
With some packages (see http://www.mrtg.org/), it is possible to
easily create neat looking graphics of ressource usage.

While it would be nice to have mrtg graphics of average queue size and
the time messages spend on my system, I think that having such
statistics in exim would be feature bload. One could easily generate
these statistics from the log.

Greetings
Marc