Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ollie Cook
A: Cliff Savage
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware?
On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 09:51:23AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Cliff Savage wrote:
>
> > I don't see SNMP mentioned in The Book and a find on the Exim spec.
> > doesn't find anything SNMP related, so I'm guessing it's not. Any plans
> > afoot to include this functionality?

What do you want to get out of exim via SNMP? Queue size etc.?

If so, that's quite easy to do with some exim -bpr|grep ... etc which
you can use when snmp polling on the host. At least that's what we do
here. We have a shell script runs every five minutes to calculate the number
of messages in the queue and write it to a file. SNMPd when queried just
cat's the value in the file and returns that to the monitoring software.

> I don't know anything about SNMP. It's something to do with network
> management, isn't it? How does that relate to Exim?

It doesn't really! :)

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???               020 7903 3065