Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mike Meredith
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware?
> I don't know anything about SNMP. It's something to do with network
> management, isn't it? How does that relate to Exim?

People like using SNMP for stats gathering (amongst other things) as
there's a whole bunch of tools for generating near real time graphics
of traffic load. Although some of the better tools (such as MRTG) allow
more customised stats gathering so various Exim stats can be graphed.

Some servers (such as Squid) are being equipped with built-in SNMP
agents to facilitate this. Personally I don't think Exim needs this,
although making internal stats available might be useful --- the script
I use to provide MRTG with stats trawls through the exim log file which
can be a bit slow on a busy server.
- --
mike.meredith@???                http://www.iso.port.ac.uk/~mike
Senior Informatics Officer (Postmaster, Hostmaster, and security)