Re: [Exim] Using AMaViS configuration help

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Using AMaViS configuration help
Richard Gilbert rearranged electrons thusly:

> On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Peter Burgess wrote:
>
> > > I have just found this utility "exiscan" - I haven't tried it, but it
> > > looks promising.
> > >            http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan/
> > That is quite a cunning approach. I wonder about the resource cost,
> > though.

> I have now got this working on a test mail hub. Was it the basic cost of
> scanning all messages for viruses which concerned you, or were you

I'd like to find out about both - and we'd like to evaluate amavis -
http://amavis.sourceforge.net

It uses the (absolutely great) kaspersky av engine, fwiw, which we use
currently on a couple of hundred desktop PCs currently.

Has anyone tried plugging amavis into exim? It works quite great in sendmail ..

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + sureshr@???
Linux is like a Teepee - No Windows, No Gates, Apache Inside